Zak Bagans Buys Manson Murder House, Brain-Eating Amoeba Kills in NC, Rutger Hauer, and Highway of Tears.
Today's podcast is brought to you by audible - get a FREE audiobook download and 30-day free trial at http://www.audibletrial.com/cheapgeek -Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player.
What is the CreepGeeks Podcast?
CreepGeeks Podcast is an off-beat news podcast that takes a light-hearted approach to the paranormal, cryptid, strange, the silly, and trending tech topics circulating the web. Broadcasting paranormal news and fun stories from our underground bunker in the mountains of Western North Carolina.
What is “Weird Wednesday” -We break down an unusual topic/subject or trending phenomena.
Hey Everyone! You can call the show and leave us a message!
Did you know?
Use Amazon Prime Free Trial!
You can support the CreepGeeks Podcast with little to no effort!
Won’t cost you anything!
When you shop on Amazon.com use our affiliate link and we get a small percentage!
It doesn't change your price at all. It helps us to keep the coffee flowing and gas in the Albino Rhino!
Subscribe on YouTube! Watch our LiveStream Podcast Every Sunday
Hey everyone! Help us out! Rate us on iTunes!
Interesting Random Factoid(s)
- In the 16th and 17th centuries in the country of Turkey, anyone caught drinking coffee was put to death.
- MANSON MURDER HOUSE https://www.tmz.com/2019/07/25/charles-manson-murder-house-sold-ghost-adventures-zak-bagans/
CURSED COMMERCIAL / BOBBY COMMERCIAL
- North Carolina man infected with ‘brain-eating amoeba’ dies https://nypost.com/2019/07/25/north-carolina-man-infected-with-brain-eating-amoeba-dies/
- Rutger Hauer Dies At 75, Played Complex Android In 'Blade Runner' https://www.npr.org/2019/07/24/745111782/actor-rutger-hauer-dies-at-75-played-complex-android-in-blade-runner
- Earlier this year, we lost Lorraine Warren (April, 2019) and Stanton Friedman (May 13, 2019).
- “They come in threes” Rosemary Ellen Guiley, passes away at the age of 69: https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/rip-rosemary-ellen-guiley
Audible is audio entertainment that entertains, educates, and inspires.
For you, the listeners of [CreepGeeksPodcast],
Audible is offering a free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service.
To download your free audiobook today go to www.audibletrial.com/cheapgeek
Again, that's http://www.audibletrial.com/cheapgeek for your free audiobook.
Enjoy this with your free trial: “Through the Brown Mountain Lights” by Christy Tillery French https://amzn.to/2MfRZZh
Bobby B. is here to go over his adventure at this year’s Contact in the Desert!
Check out Bobby B. At: https://pastlivesproject.org/
High Strangeness along the Highway of Tears: Is there an active “highway killer” in or near British Columbia?
- At a press conference on Monday, representatives of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police said the two cases might be linked, despite earlier assurances that there was “nothing to indicate” that the double murder of Australian Lucas Fowler, 23, and US citizen Chynna Deese, 24, was related to the discovery of a burning car and a man’s body some 500km south and the disappearance of two Canadian teenagers.
- On Friday, four days after the bodies of Deese and Fowler were discovered, police in the town of Dease Lake – several hours’ drive south – launched a search for Kam McLeod, age 19, and Bryer Schmegelsky, age 18, after their truck was discovered in flames near the town. The two youths had been traveling to Whitehorse in the Yukon in search of work.
- Update: Two Missing Young Men named as suspects in deaths: https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/23/americas/canada-couple-murder/index.html
- Chynna had just graduated from Appalachian State (NC native) and Lucas, son of an Australian Policeman and Aussie native, were traveling North America and were last seen in British Columbia.
- Their van broke down and after 24 hours, Chynna’s brother stopped hearing from her. Last reports were the couple arguing by the side of the road with a trucker.
- The body of a man was found on Friday near a burning pick-up truck south of the Stikine River Bridge on Highway 37 in northern British Columbia.
- The 450-mile stretch is north of the road chillingly dubbed the Highway of Tears - with up to 50 women vanishing or being murdered there since 1970. Terrified locals now believed a serial killer is on the loose - after three women died or disappeared in 2018.
- Backpacking/Vandweller Couple last seen arguing with mysterious bearded trucker before death: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9544630/serial-killer-canada-highway-couple-dead/
- Highway 16, a remote ribbon of asphalt that bisects British Columbia and snakes past thick forests, logging towns and impoverished Indian reserves on its way to the Pacific Ocean. So many women and girls have vanished or turned up dead along one stretch of the road that residents call it the Highway of Tears.
- A special unit formed by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police officially linked 18 such cases from 1969 to 2006 to this part of the highway and two connecting arteries. More women have vanished since then, and community activists and relatives of the missing say they believe the total is closer to 50. Almost all the cases remain unsolved.
- In 2016, the Highway of Tears played into “political scandal” as the government attempted to create better relations between Canada and it’s native people.
- Got Omi’s attention because last year we talked about the missing indigenous/native women in Montana and North Dakota and the new documentary: https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/lifestyle-buzz/finding-ashley-a-native-american-familys-desperate-search-for-their-missing-relative-%E2%80%93-video/vp-BBVNuQV
- Cpl. Chris Manseau had said it was unusual for investigators in sparsely populated northern British Columbia to have two "complex and dynamic" cases at once.
- Dozens of Canadian women, and possibly even more Indigenous Women have disappeared in this area over the PAST FOUR DECADES:
- British Columbia is infamous for serial killers and criminals who often targeted aboriginal women. In 2007, Robert William Pickton, a pig farmer, was convicted of killing six women, though the DNA or remains of 33 women were discovered on his land. Many of them were aboriginal. One of Canada’s youngest serial killers, Cody Legebokoff, was 24 when he was convicted in 2014 of killing four women near the Highway of Tears. David Ramsay, a former Prince George provincial court judge, and convicted pedophile was imprisoned in 2004 for sexually and physically assaulting indigenous girls as young as 12.
- British Columbia is notorious, albeit in Canada, for its rash of serial killers targeting native women: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/25/world/americas/canada-indigenous-women-highway-16.html
We’ve added another event to our already busy schedule!
- Carolina Paracon
https://www.facebook.com/events/362260144445487/ What’s Next- Events!
- Smoky Mountain Bigfoot Conference: https://www.facebook.com/smokymountainbigfoot/
- Cliff Barackman, Scott Carpenter, Bigfoot 911, Matt Seiber and Matt Pruitt.
- Gatlinburg, TN.
- Cherokee Legends Comicon: http://www.cherokeecomicon.com/
Get Something For Amazon Prime Day!:
Cadillac Ranch Memento Magnet: https://amzn.to/2MyUZzZ
Cool Stuff on Amazon -
Here are our Latest Social Media Posts:
Over on Youtube!
TheOrdinaryHiker- Instagram: https://instagram.com/theordinaryhiker
Best Gummy Bears, New Mexico Timelapse, and a Goal! https://youtu.be/myxVPFQ5bLE
Join the CheapGeek Facebook Group- Join! Post stuff!
Here's a link- https://www.facebook.com/groups/CheapGeekPage/
Need to Contact Us?
Attn Greg or Omi
Want to comment about the show?
Join Us Next Time!