CreepGeeks Podcast Episode 149
Ghostbusters Afterlife, UFO Sightseer’s near Brown Mountain Lights, Road Trip Part 2 Mothman
Today's podcast is brought to you by audible - get a FREE audiobook download and 30-day free trial at http://www.audibletrial.com/cheapgeek -Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player.
What is the CreepGeeks Paranormal and Weird News Podcast?
CreepGeeks Podcast is an off-beat news podcast that takes a light-hearted approach to the paranormal, cryptid, strange, the silly, and trending tech topics circulating the web. Broadcasting paranormal news and fun stories from our underground bunker in the mountains of Western North Carolina.
In Our Last Podcast We Talked about
Our Epic 4 day Adventure road trip!
Part 1 Was The Flatwoods Monster.
Part 2 is Mothman museum- TNT area- meeting people- eerie feelings-weather- traffic circles-
Hey Everyone! You can call the show and leave us a message!
Use Amazon Prime Free Trial!9
Did you know YOU can support the CreepGeeks Podcast with little to no effort! Won’t cost you anything!
When you shop on Amazon.com use our affiliate link and we get a small percentage! It doesn't change your price at all. It helps us to keep the coffee flowing and gas in the Albino Rhino! https://www.amazon.com/shop/cheapgeek
Subscribe on YouTube! Watch our LiveStream Podcast Every Sunday
Hey everyone! Help us out! Rate us on iTunes!
Interesting Random Factoid(s)
- Mistletoe means something very unromantic in German.
- The holiday flora is an ancient symbol of fertility and virility — and the Druids believed it was an actual aphrodisiac. So keep that in mind next time someone jokes about meeting you under the mistletoe. The name itself even has a funny meaning: Mistle thrush birds eat the plant's berries, digest the seeds, and then the droppings eventually grow into new plants. So, the Germanic word for mistletoe literally means "dung on a twig." Romantic, huh?
- Ghost Busters Afterlife:
Nods to the original, inspired paranormal investigators and ignores 2016 Version
- New Mothman Sighting:
- Trucker Reports Seven-Foot-Tall 'Person with Wings' near O'Hare International Airport
- The witness used language as seen in previous sighting reports from the largely Hispanic neighborhood of Chicago's Little Village.
Mothman, History, Legend and New Debate
- First up, what’s Mothman?
- In West Virginia folklore, the Mothman is a creature reportedly seen in the Point Pleasant area from November 12, 1966, to December 15, 1967. The first newspaper report was published in the Point Pleasant Register dated November 16, 1966, titled "Couples See Man-Sized Bird ... Creature ... Something". The national press soon picked up the reports and helped spread the story across the United States.
The Mothman was introduced to a wider audience by Gray Barker in 1970 and later popularized by John Keel in his 1975 book The Mothman Prophecies, claiming that there were supernatural events related to the sightings, and a connection to the collapse of the Silver Bridge.
- On November 12, 1966, five men who were digging a grave at a cemetery near Clendenin, West Virginia, claimed to have seen a man-like figure fly low from the trees over their heads This is often identified as the first known sighting of what became known as the Mothman.
- Shortly thereafter, on November 15, 1966, two young couples from Point Pleasant, Roger and Linda Scarberry and Steve and Mary Mallette, told police they saw a large grey creature whose eyes "glowed red" when the car's headlights picked it up. They described it as a "large flying man with ten-foot wings", following their car while they were driving in an area outside of town known as "the TNT area", the site of a former World War II munitions plant.
- A different theory: https://www.facebook.com/RobertGoerman/posts/2539637796133503?__xts__=68.ARCbtN1i360LSY0Pr50xJwvve3ip6H2sbVsPp4SLxAUog2MqcoWLlm6KC4lPQKhNA1F0blf6Q_Xzv1mnXTplzfGPbgYP7wDuWCV2wuOeFmhVEEwxkTExO3dWav4iEi2v9vyJpH5JrtpNIgAHi9Vw_1OEuBWY8FzSZn8ZrwCmDO9S2KrL9oiLRULEHKAvJ-GwzLcLV4meuHIXHv9hCuWYC1fhOBwryMX6IcFWKx-iUQ2HyWbphDo9l1zgxhgReJq8zOZjLdQTxat0xbicNUiiPXrofn0WBOIDAvS7PU4Tb_8ArObwswoX8O9dEbHw2vTfYQV_9tRdGEqXUfJamFqiDV5nEA&__tn__=-R
- FINAL NOTE: We found textbook CUTE Factor and stinging ridicule posing as journalism. Hindsight tells us that the dwindling trickle of occasional Mothman articles would soon be buried and forgotten under an avalanche of newspaper accounts dutifully reporting an invasion of UFO sightings. Thanks to John Keel, the Mothman mystery would one day begin as flawed folklore. It would evolve into weapons-grade “balonium” thanks to The Mothman Prophecies movie.
Our Epic 4 Day Adventure Road Trip: Mothman, Mothman Museum and the TNT Domes/Igloos.
- Point Pleasant is a pretty town, tiny (only one McDonalds!).
- The Museum is really cool.
- Gift Shop is free. The original Gift shop has tons of Mothman stuff
- New Gift Shop Across the Street: “Think Spencers or Archie McPhee”
- Mothman Statue right next to the museum.
- Museum has all the articles laid out in a cool way: Chronological and Type.
- Has section for the movie, and a section for Fortnite as well as all the cultural/TV references.
- Museum is definitely something to go back to. There’s too many articles and info pieces there.
- TNT Domes.
- Be sure to ask the gift shop for the directions to the TNT Igloos.
- They don’t do tours anymore, only during the festival.
- Not far from Museum.
- McClintic Wildlife Management Area http://www.wvdnr.gov/hunting/D5WMAareas.shtm
- The domes are overgrown, count them out in your head.
- Not an area you want to stay too long at.
- Started to get headaches.
- Echoes a lot and sound bounces. Pepper didn’t like it.
- Got “turned around”....Couldn’t figure out where an igloo was, walked to end, then walked right past Greg, didn’t see him, didn’t HEAR him.
Enjoy this with your free trial: “Through the Brown Mountain Lights” by Christy Tillery French https://amzn.to/2MfRZZh
- Kim stopped by our booth at Morganton ComicCon in NC.
- Had an unusual UFO experience.
-Want your story read on the show? Be sure to call 1-575-208-4025
What’s Next- Events!
- In the near future: Mysteries and Monsters in Canton Ohio: https://www.facebook.com/events/474254353192384/
Ramdas - The One Eyed Turtle by Robert Goerman: https://amzn.to/2DY5civ
John A. Keel: The Man, The Myths, and the Ongoing Mysteries: https://amzn.to/2LHbd7X
Get Something For Amazon Prime!
Cool Stuff on Amazon -Squatch Metalworks Microsquatch Keychain: https://amzn.to/2Mzc7Ek
Need to Contact Us?
Attn Greg or Omi
Want to comment about the show?